Last month, in Ruby 1.9... (2006-03)
We've had quite a few changes in Ruby 1.9 since Jan 15th., notably:
- new constant lookup rules (matz wonders why it took him over 10 year to figure them out)
- lots of goodies in Enumerable and its close friend Enumerator: #first(n), #group_by, #find_index, and automagic creation of Enumerators for Numeric#times, #downto, #upto, etc.
- new semantics for Module#const_defined?, #const_get and #method_defined?
As usual, instead of reading the whole changelist, you can get the "diff. of the textual diffs" via the following RSS feeds:
Differential feeds are available for all of eigenclass.org. Here's an explanation of differential modes and feed algebra.
i've never known you new lang just faw qustion 1- is it compailed lang or what?
Great news! Looks like I'll actually be able to REMOVE some methods from the Facets collection!
No wonder, where do you think they get the inspiration from? ;-)
- 90 http://www.artima.com/forums/flat.jsp?forum=123&thread=150355
- 34 http://www.artima.com/buzz/community.jsp?forum=123
- 23 http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=anarchaia&mrt=en-us&FORM=LIVSOP
- 22 http://anarchaia.org
- 14 http://chneukirchen.org/anarchaia
- 12 http://www.rubyist.net/~matz/20060203.html
- 11 http://www.anarchaia.org
- 6 http://www.rubyist.net/~matz/20060228.html
- 5 http://planetruby.0x42.net
- 4 http://rubyriver.org