Accessing the non-perishable information on eigenclass.org
eigenclass.org is a bit over one year old, and I've populated it with a fair amount of information and code. If you've been reading it, you'll know that I've tried to keep eigenclass.org as far as possible from the average(?) blog ("link to news story plus worthless comment" no, chris2: that doesn't refer to anarchaia at all*1, "link to link to discussion of somebody else's work", shallow technical remarks & rants...). Coming up with new, worthy stuff isn't easy and I've not always succeeded (I've often thought that it just wasn't good enough and was close to shutting down eigenclass.org for good a couple times), but there are some non-perishable bits of info here, and I'm trying to make them easier to access.
I've been classifying some nodes, and just committed a new plugin to generate page lists ranked by popularity defined as
for between 0.5 and 1. Here are the 25 most popular nodes on eigenclass.org for , you might find something of interest amongst them:
- Changes in Ruby 1.9 (85569)
- MAIN (204699)
- ruby-wmii: Ruby configuration/scripting for the wmii window manager (30684)
- rcov: code coverage for Ruby (60146)
- Fast content-aware image resizing (5590)
- rcodetools: TDD/BDD++, automagic assertions, 100% accurate completion, doc/code browsing... (23669)
- A simple full-text search engine in 200 lines of Ruby (24377)
- Purging referrer URLs concurrently (30350)
- Object removal using seam carving, still fast (3585)
- Inspecting a live Ruby process, easier if you cheat. (22053)
- Ruby (27578)
- Ruby internals: a self-study guide to the sources (19667)
- Usable Ruby folding for Vim (23743)
- ruby-wmii FAQ (11057)
- Plugins in your Ruby application (18960)
- Logic programming in Ruby: a tiny prolog interpreter and symbolic computation (15626)
- A minimalistic yet much more powerful bookmark manager, kicking del.icio.us' and Firefox/you-name-it's ass (17583)
- eigenclass.org "Happy 2007!" Ruby mini-contest started (13368)
- What's new in Ruby 1.9, Feb. 07 update (12345)
- ruby-wmii 0.3.1: bookmark manager, generalized menus, view history... (15423)
- Changes in Ruby 1.8.5 (14328)
- Estimating how many people are subscribed to my RSS feeds (17460)
- A better Kernel#caller (15916)
- How complex is your Ruby? Time for some lexical variability analysis (18222)
- A Ruby challenge: defuse the code bomb and test your Ruby fu (17815)
Your frequency is actually totally amazing, given the depth you put into it. Watching you put this out has been fascinating, Mauricio.
Some of my absolute favorites: the "defuse the bomb" post, the ICFP solution, the wmii bookmark manager, and the recent fulltext search. And, going back further, the old 5-line wiki and teensy blogs you had going on Ruby-Talk.
What can I say... thanks for the praise. Glad to see you remember my little plastique.rb/challenge.rb. It's probably the most dense code I've written by the ingenuity(+effort) per line metric.
hmmm it doesn't work for 1.8.5, I guess I'll have to update it.
hehe from my side it just started to look like too frequent, too noisy posting
I agree. Amazing churn out. Great posts. Your 1.9 changelog has incalculable value. Thanks.
*1 I'll just say that it's one of the two (only) sites I visit almost every day. Oh, and self-depreciation gives one something to strive for...
- 37 http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=eigenclass&mrt=en-us&FORM=LIVSOP
- 33 http://anarchaia.org
- 28 http://www.rubyonrailsexamples.com
- 14 http://www.artima.com/forums/flat.jsp?forum=123&thread=185569
- 9 http://www.artima.com/buzz/community.jsp?forum=123
- 9 http://www.anarchaia.org
- 8 http://www.rubycorner.com
- 6 http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=information on non perishable good&form=QBRE
- 5 http://planetruby.0x42.net
- 5 http://anarchaia.org/index.html