Ruby releases beyond 2007, and some news about 1.9/2.0 too.
The Rubima editors got some insider information about Ruby's long-term release schedule.
The last release of the 1.8 branch.
The (actual) last release of the 1.8 branch.
This time for real, the last release of the 1.8 branch.
No matter what, the absolutely last release in the 1.8 series.
There's some controversy about the new 1.8 release. A faction claims that no matter if all Unicode codepoints are squandered, there's still TRON, facing strong opposition from the conservative clique who think it is too minor in the international context.
Furthermore, a growing minority expresses: "enough is enough, use two-digit version numbers".
- 101 http://www.artima.com/forums/flat.jsp?forum=123&thread=168245
- 41 http://www.artima.com/buzz/community.jsp?forum=123
- 39 http://anarchaia.org
- 34 http://planetruby.0x42.net
- 15 http://www.anarchaia.org
- 15 http://www.rubycorner.com
- 8 http://anarchaia.org/archive/2006/07/12.html
- 8 http://www.artima.com/buzz/index.jsp
- 7 http://rubycorner.com
- 5 http://www.artima.com/buzz/community.jsp?forum=123&start=15&thRange=15